Keeping Your Kids Safe from Strangers
It's a scary world out there for parents, especially when it comes to strangers. But fortunately today’s technology, notably cell phones for kids, can help assure families of their kids’ safety when out of sight. Cell phone capabilities, like calls, text messages and GPS locates, can all play a role in keeping kids safe from strangers. Check out some of the tips childconnection.org makes to keep your kid protected from “stranger danger”:
- Area Code and Phone Number. Make sure your child knows their area code and phone number. Does your child know how to make a collect call or dial in case of an emergency? Teach your child not to give their phone number or address to strangers.
- Separation Plan. Teach your children to go to a cashier or ticket booth if they are separated from you while at a mall, amusement park, or any place you travel. If your kid’s cell phone is a kajeet one, you can always use GPS Phone Locator to track where he or she may be.
- Check Route to School. The route to school should be established by a parent and under no circumstances should the child deviate from that route. Avoid alleys. Parents who subscribe to kajeet’s GPS Phone Locator can also receive automated emails, confirming that their kid has arrived at school on time, as scheduled.
- Notify School. Make sure the school will notify you if your child does not arrive at school. Let the Principal know who is authorized to pick up your child.
- Communication. Keep good communication lines open with your children. With a kids cell phone from kajeet, you can use our parental controls to make sure calls and texts to/from mom and dad always go through.