Android on Kajeet Frequently Asked Questions
Android™ on Kajeet
No Buzzwords - Just the FAQs
- What can I do to make sure my kid can’t access inappropriate data on their Kajeet device?
- Android™ smartphones from Kajeet come equipped with Smart Blocker™, a free parental control that allows parents to block websites they feel are inappropriate for their children to view on some of today’s most popular Android™ handsets. Kajeet is the only wireless service provider to offer such an innovative tool, making it possible for parents to both provide their kids with powerful Android™ smartphones and — at the same time — limit the types of websites they are able to access. Learn more about Kajeet Smart Blocker™ here.
- How can I manage what sites my kid can access when they are not using Kajeet’s network connection?
- We are currently working on a way to restrict access on devices connected to Wi-Fi. In the meantime, click here to read our suggestions on how to help safeguard your kid’s web connection.
- Does wirelessly sharing data incur any extra costs?
- No. Friends and family members can wirelessly connect to a device from Kajeet through a secure, password-protected setup and share data at no extra cost. A data balance is required and data usage will apply for devices with mobile hotspot and devices connected to it. Learn more about free mobile hotspot from Kajeet here.
- How do I access mobile hotspot and share data on my Android™ device?
- For certain devices, mobile hotspot can be accessed from a pre-loaded app called “Sprint Hotspot”, found on the device’s main menu. If there is no “Sprint Hotspot” app on your device’s menu, mobile hotspot can be accessed by selecting “Settings” > “Wireless & networks” > “Tethering & portable hotspot”. Once you activate mobile hotspot, the device provides instructions on how to securely connect from another device. Learn more about free mobile hotspot from Kajeet here.
- How do I block or restrict access to Google Play (Android™ Market)?
- A free content filter is available on every Android™ device and works regardless of how your kid is connected to the Internet. It allows parents to determine what types of applications will be visible to their kid when he or she is searching in the Google Play store (previously called the "Android™ Market"). Apps are ranked by maturity label and parents can designate what types of apps are shown (and lock their setting preferences with a unique pin code). You can learn more about this tool here.
- Can I use money from my Kajeet wallet to purchase content from Google Play (Android™ Market)?
- Kajeet wallets cannot be used to purchase Android™ applications. In order to purchase content from Google Play, you will need to pay through a Google account. You can purchase Google Play gift cards here.
- How do Android™ devices on Kajeet provide accessiblity for those with disabilities?