Frequently Asked Questions
No Buzzwords - Just the FAQs
- What Kajeet Parental Controls are offered to me?
- Kajeet Parental Controls let families work together to manage appropriate access to all the services and features Kajeet has to offer. For example, the TimeManager allows the Kajeet service to be turned off during school hours so that calling and texting doesn't take the place of studying (In that particular example, calls to and from specific numbers, such as those of parents or guardians, could still be allowed by setting up a trusted contact list in your ContactManager.). In short, Kajeet Parental Controls are at the core of how you customize Kajeet to fit your family's unique needs – and are FREE. Get more details www.kajeet.com/4u/kajeet-for-parents/configurator.html.
- What happens if I use Kajeet Parental Controls to block a phone number?
- You won't be able to make or receive calls or send or receive texts or picture messages to that number, either.
- Can I set up my Kajeet phone to block calls during certain times of the day or week?
- Absolutely! This is the part of the Kajeet Parental Controls known as TimeManager. If you don’t want your kid talking or texting during school hours, for example, you can set this up in TimeManager.
- Can I turn texting and picture messaging off completely?
- Yes. Our FeatureManager page allows you to block or enable texting and picture messaging.
- Can I restrict web access and downloads?
- Yes. For our basic feature phones, FeatureManager allows you to disable the ability to purchase and download content, as well as select what types of sites the phone can access (e.g. free, social or fun sites). Our Android™ smartphones come equipped with a more advanced tool for filtering web access called Kajeet Smart Blocker™ -- learn more www.kajeet.com/4u/android.html.
- Do you have a tool that can help me keep track of my kid?
- Our GPS Phone Locator allows you to view the location of your kid’s phone at any time (as long as it’s turned on). You can also schedule multiple locates and give them unique titles, e.g. “7th period”, “Curfew”, “Weekend”, etc.
- What if I have a question that's not answered here?
- You can use our contact page or you can call our friendly Customer Care team at 1-866-4kajeet (1-866-452-5338).