Frequently Asked Questions About Phones and Devices
About Our Phones & Devices
No Buzzwords - Just the FAQs
Looking for answers? Simply click on any question below:
- What kinds of phones are available from Kajeet?
- Visit our phones section to see a full listing.
- How long after I place my order will my Kajeet phone arrive?
- It's entirely up to you. When you order, you can choose a range of FedEx and USPS shipping options. If you place your order before noon eastern time, we will do our best to ship your order on the next business day. Please note that shipments to Alaska and Hawaii require USPS Express or FedEx 2Day.
- What's your return policy?
- We have more than a return policy, we have a Kajeet satisfaction guarantee: If for any reason you feel your Kajeet phone is just not right for you, may be returned for a full refund (except for shipping which we can't refund) within 30 days of purchase. In order to process the return, we'll need to ask you for a copy of your receipt plus everything that came inside your Kajeet package: phone, battery, charger, and packing materials. You'll need to securely pack everything in the original package and send it to us by first-class mail. Please contact Kajeet Customer Care by calling 1-866-4Kajeet (1-866-452-5338) for instructions and more information.
- Does my Kajeet phone come with any kind of warranty protection?
- Yes. The manufacturer's warranty is included with your phone.
- Can I use my existing phone number with a Kajeet phone?
- In most cases, yes! To make the switch, contact Kajeet Customer Care at 1-866-4Kajeet (1-866-452-5338). Before you call, please be ready with account information from your existing service provider including your account number.
- Does Kajeet offer directory assistance?
- Yes, you can reach directory assistance by dialing 411. The cost is $1.50 per call plus airtime. You can also choose to have the listing sent to you as a text message at our standard text messaging rates.
- What do I do if my Kajeet phone is lost or stolen?
- Don't panic, just call Kajeet Customer Care at 1-866-4Kajeet (1-866-452-5338) immediately and we'll suspend your account. You are not responsible for charges incurred after you notify us. However, you will be responsible for charges incurred before you notify us, so please notify us as quickly as possible. Please reference the Kajeet Terms of Service or call Kajeet Customer Care for further information. And remember, you can also try our GPS Phone Locator to help you find your phone if you lose it!
- Does Kajeet offer refurbished phones?
- Yes. We offer Kajeet Certified Refurbished handsets for some of our phone models. They are in ‘like new’ condition and priced lower than our brand new versions; they’re perfect for price-conscious, eco-friendly customers!
- How do I access the instruction manual for my phone online?
- Simply click into the phone product page on the Phones section of our site, then click the "Guides" tab toward the bottom of the page.
- How do Kajeet devices provide accessiblity for those with disabilities?
- Android™ devices on Kajeet offer a host of accessibility features for users with disabilities – click here to learn more. The HAC and TTY capabilities of all Kajeet phones are listed below.
- What are the HAC and TTY capabilities of Kajeet phones?
- Kajeet has products to support the hearing impaired community. The chart below summarizes what products we have and their capabilities (For inquiries regarding availability of handsets not on the Kajeet store, please contact sales@Kajeet.com).
Handset TTY HAC Functionality Level HTC Desire 510 Yes M3/T3 PDA/Smartphone LG G3 Vigor Yes M3/T3 PDA/Smartphone LG LX260 Yes M3/T3 1X-QWERTY LG LX265 Yes M3/T4 1X-QWERTY Samsung M350 Yes M4 1X-QWERTY Sanyo 2700 Yes M4/T4 1X-QWERTY Samsung M300 Yes M4/T4 1X-Camera LG 225 Yes M3 1X-Camera LG LX150 Yes M3 1XBasic LG LX160 Yes M4 1XBasic LG Viper Yes M4/T4 Smartphone Nokia 6165i Yes M4/T4 1X-Camera Sanyo 6650 Yes M4 1X-Camera Motorola C290 Yes M3 1XBasic LG LX125 Yes M3 1XBasic Samsung M320 Yes M4/T4 1X-Camera Motorola RAZR V3M Yes M3/T3 1X-Camera Motorola Admiral Yes M4/T3 Smartphone Motorola Photon Q Yes M3/T3 Smartphone Blackberry 8130 Yes M3/T3 PDA/Smartphone Blackberry 8330 Yes M4/T4 PDA/Smartphone Motorola Q9C Yes M3/T3 PDA/Smartphone Palm Centro 690 Yes M4/T4 PDA/Smartphone Palm 800W Yes M3/T3 PDA/Smartphone HTC 6950 (Diamond) Yes M4 PDA/Smartphone Blackberry 8703 Yes M4/T4 PDA/Smartphone UTS 7000 Yes M4 1XBasic LG 101 Yes M4/T4 1XBasic Samsung 330 Yes M4/T4 1X-Camera HTC Hero Yes M3/T3 PDA/Smartphone LG 5225 Yes M4/T4 1XBasic LG LX400 Yes M4/T4 1X-Camera Nokia 6016 Yes M3 1XBasic Samsung 400 Yes M4 1X-Camera Samsung A640 Yes M3 1X-Camera Samsung M520 Yes M4 1X-Camera Sanyo 2400 Yes M4/T4 1XBasic Sanyo P200 Yes M4/T4 1Xbasic UTS 1450 Yes M3 1XBasic UTS CDM7000 Yes M4 1XBasic UTS CDM7025 Yes M3 1XBasic Samsung A840 Yes M3 1X-Camera LG LX570 Yes M4/T4 1XBasic Samsung M220 Yes M3/T3 1XBasic Samsung M330 Yes M4/T4 1X-Camera Samsung M500 Yes M4/T4 1X-Camera Sasmung M510 Yes M4/T3 1X-Camera Samsung M520 Yes M4 1X-Camera Samsung z400 Yes M4 1X-Camera Kyocera Echo Yes M4/T4 Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S II Yes M4/T4 Smartphone LG Optimus Elite Yes M4/T4 Smartphone Samsung Reclaim Yes M4/T4 1x-Camera Samsung Intercept Yes M4/T3 Smartphone Sanyo Zio Yes M4/T4 Smartphone LG Optimus S Yes M4/T4 Smartphone LG Remarq Yes M4/T4 Smartphone LG 102 Yes M4/T4 Feature Phone Samsung Replenish Yes M4/T3 Smartphone Samsung M800 Yes M3/T3 Smartphone Samsung SPH-M820 Yes M4/T4 Smartphone ZTE N860 Yes M4/T4 Smartphone Sanyo SCP-3810 Yes M4/T4 1X-Camera LG Marquee LS855 Yes M4/T4 Smartphone LG Optimus Slider Yes M4/T4 Smartphone Samsung Epic 4G Yes M4/T4 Smartphone LG Rumor Reflex Yes M4/T4 1x-QWERTY LG Rumor Touch Yes M4/T4 1x-Camera ZTE Fury Yes M4/T4 Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 Yes M4 Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S4 Yes M3 Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Yes M4/T4 PDA/Smartphone Samsung Galaxy Victory Yes M4 Smartphone Samsung Trender Yes M4/T3 1X-QWERTY Samsung M400 Yes M4/T4 1X-Camera Apple iPhone 4S Yes N/A Smartphone Apple iPhone 5 Yes M4/T4 Smartphone Kyocera Domino Yes M4/T4 1X-Basic
HAC = Hearing Aid Compatibility
TTY = Teletypewriter
Definition of Functionality:
1X-Basic: economy phone with basic voice, text, and 1X data capability.
1X-Camera: mid-priced phone with a camera and voice, text, 1X data capability.
1X-QWERTY: high-tier phone with camera, voice, text, 1X data, and a QWERTY keypad. Some phones have music capabilities.
PDA/Smartphone: High-tier phone with camera, voice, text, 3G and/or 4G data. Some phones have music capabilities, QWERTY keypad, and/or a touchscreen.
M-Ratings - Reduced Hearing Aid Device Interference
Some people with a hearing aid device experience a buzzing or whining noise when using a wireless phone. This noise is caused when the electronics within the hearing aid device pick up and demodulate radio frequency (RF) and/or electromagnetic interference (EMI) emitted by the phone.
Phones with an M-Rating of M3 or M4 meet FCC requirements and are less likely to generate interference to hearing devices than phones that are not labeled. M4 is the better/higher of the two ratings.
Hearing devices may also be measured for immunity to this type of interference. Your hearing device manufacturer or hearing health professional can help you find results for your hearing device. The more immune your hearing aid is, the less likely you are to experience interference noise from mobile phones and other sources of RF/EMI such as computer monitors and florescent lighting.T-Ratings - Compatible with Hearing Aids with Telecoils
A telecoil is a small device that is built into some hearing aids for use with the telephone as well as assistive listening devices. Not all hearing aids have telecoils.
Phones with a T-Rating of T3 or T4 meet FCC requirements and are more likely to work well for people who use hearing aids with telecoils. T4 is the better/higher of the two ratings.If you have any additional questions, please contact Kajeet
- Does my Kajeet phone come with an earbud?
- If you ask, sure! We would be more than happy to send you an earbud for your Kajeet phone. Please contact Customer Care by calling 1-866-4Kajeet (1-866-452-5338) to let us know you need one, as well as what Kajeet phone you have.
- What if I have a question that's not answered here?
- You can use our contact page or you can call our friendly Customer Care team at 1-866-4Kajeet (1-866-452-5338).